Kohler is now looking for an intern for the Compliance-Certification area in the Engineering department, who will report directly to Staff Engineering Certification.
The candidate will work on a project that focuses on performing electromagnetic compatibility test on diesel engines common-rail for industrial applications. The activity proposed will pertain the analysis of the norms on electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and will cover the definition of the tests to be performed in order to guarantee the full compliance. This will require the candidate to communicate with internal departments (Design, Applications, Calibrations etc.) and third parties that will execute the EMS tests.
This project is suitable for a thesis project.
- Provide support in the execution of EMC tests related to third parties
- Support In-Service-Monitoring program for the definition of the number of tests to be done on vehicles, progress of the tests and associated costs tracking
- Create product compliance documentation that demonstrate compliance to Directive Machinery and to UE Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Maintain project records, prepare technical, cost, and other reports as requested to document progress and results achieved
- Provide support in reviewing and analyzing production line audit testing for exhaust emissions test
Skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (or graduating student)
- Basic knowledge of engine technology and components
- Inclination for analysis in terms of regulations
- Basic knowledge of NPD process
- Upper intermediate English knowledge, both written and spoken
- Basic data analysis skills is a plus
- Basic knowledge of project management and problem solving skills is a plus
What you can expect from us
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.
To be defined