Kohler is now looking for an intern in the Development team of Engineering, who will report to Senior Project Engineer Development.
The candidate will work on a project that focuses on the test bench development of a new high performing version of KDI 3404 engine. He/she will be responsible for the development of a new head gasket, which would resist to higher chamber pressure and higher thermic loads due to better performance. The experimental activity will be exclusively performed on the test bench.
This project is suitable for a thesis project.
- Execute validation test for the head gasket
- Collect and analyze data in order to detect eventual criticalities and orient the development of the new gasket prototype
- Support the preparation of test plans, including task breakdowns and timeline and submit them to the manager
- Prepare technical reports as requested to show progress and results achieved
- With the Manager support, make appropriate decisions using decision support tools and critical thinking including risk/reward ratios and critical pathing and be mindful of the business impact
Skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (or graduating student)
- Upper-intermediate English language knowledge, both written and spoken
- Basic knowledge of engine operation, diesel combustion and emission process
- Basic knowledge of testing procedures, devices and equipment (in particular cold testing room, tilt and emission test bench)
- Familiarity of ISO emissions norms on engines performance measurement is a plus
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following is a plus: AVL-Puma and Adamo test automation systems, AVL Indicom system, ETAS acquisition system and devices
What you can expect from us
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.
To be defined