Kohler is now looking for an intern for the Calculation area of the Engineering department, who will report directly to PE Calculation&Simulation.
The Project focuses on the CFD study of the oil spray injected into the piston, including eventual fluid-wall interaction; on the basis of experimental data collected (both qualitative and quantitative), the final aim is to realize a model able to reproduce the actual behavior in the real system. In addition, noozle prototypes will be studied in order to optimize the system.
This project is suitable for a thesis project.
- Provide support in developing the calculation and simulation activities required in the engine development
- Document and present analysis results, conclusions, and recommendations that can be applied to improve the product
- Provide support in developing new methodology and engineering tools to improve analysis accuracy and productivity
- With the Manager support, make appropriate decisions using decision support tools and critical thinking including risk/reward ratios and critical pathing and is mindful of business impact
- Participate in component and system design reviews and in problem solving teams
Skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (or graduating student)
- Basic knowledge of engine technology and components
- Basic data analysis skills
- Upper intermediate English knowledge, both written and spoken
- Basic knowledge of CAD – Pro-Engineer (including Pro-mechanica and Mechanism), ANSYS, GT-Power, or Visual Basic is a plus
- Basic knowledge of project management and problem solving is a plus
What you can expect from us
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.
To be defined