Kohler is now looking for an intern who will report directly to PE Calculation&Simulation and PE Calibration&Control.
The candidate will work on a project that focuses on the virtual test bench modelling of a rail for diesel engines real time applications. The activity proposed requires the candidate to communicate not only with internal departments of Testing and Calibration, but also with the provider of common rail system.
This project is suitable for a thesis project.
- Analyze experimental data from the testing room, to be used for the creation of the model in Matlab- Simulink context
- Perform diagnostic, emissions and performance evaluations
- Support with the preparation of test plans, including task breakdowns and timeline and submit them to the manager
- Provide support in developing and optimizing controls calibrations to meet performance and timing requirements utilizing a standard calibration approach
- Conduct calibration reviews to ensure high quality calibrations
- Prepare technical reports as requested to show progress and results achieved
Skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (or graduating student)
- Basic knowledge of data analysis
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Basic knowledge of engine operation, diesel combustion and emission process
- Able to use modeling and post-processing tools (i.e. Matlab, Simulink)
- Upper intermediate English knowledge, both written and spoken
- Basic knowledge of Calibration tools (i.e. INCA) is considered a plus
- Ability to work with acquisition systems, tools and devices (Etas, Vector, AVL) is a plus
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following is considered a plus: AVL-Puma test automation systems, AVL-Concerto, AVL-Cameo, AVL Indicom system, ETAS acquisition system and devices
What you can expect from us
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.
To be defined